Tuesday, March 13, 2007

...Good for the Gander

So the saying goes. Reports say that there is a "realistic" chance Christiano Ronaldo will stay at Manchester United until 2012. This is not only good for Manchester United but, for the Premiership in general as "The League To Go To" for competition. It is very important to keep young stars, nay, stars in general in the Premiership to increase the popularity and appeal within the football playing world, young and old alike.
As a Liverpool fan, I'm not going to lie; I would like to see him sign...for us! I would like him to sign for Liverpool, although that is not going to happen. Therefore, I suggest Christiano just sign for the club that made him what he is today. I suggest Christiano take in everything that is Manchester United. Yes I am a Liverpool supporter but I also know what Manchester United means to football. There is a history at Manchester United that Cristiano Ronaldo could be a part of that will never leave. He could be a part of the untouchable legacy of George Best, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Law, Eric Cantona, etc...the list goes on and on.
I believe his signing would do wonders for English football in general. You hear that boy! Sign for Manchester and you will do so much for the English game. One never knows, perhaps you will have the impact that Cantona had on Old Trafford. Those are big shoes to fill, but someone will have to fill them someday. There is that possibility. I suggest you give the old boy a ring, and without a doubt he will tell you where you should stay. Without. A. Doubt.